TRAINING AND EMPLOYMENT
January 11, 2005
||ALL STATE WORKFORCE LIAISONS
ALL STATE WORKFORCE AGENCIES
||GAY M. GILBERT
Office of Workforce Investment
||Notice of the 2005 Monitor Advocate Training
- Purpose. To inform State Workforce Agencies (SWAs) of the 2005 Monitor Advocate Training being
held in Garden Grove, California, March 14-17, 2005.
- Reference. 20 CFR 653.108(e)
- Background. The 2005 Monitor Advocate Training will be held in conjunction with the MAFO National
Farmworker Conference. Both events will provide participants with substantive knowledge and the opportunity to network
with colleagues that will strengthen partnerships and promote the integration of service delivery to Migrant and Seasonal
Farmworkers (MSFWs) within the workforce investment system.
- Monitor Advocate Training. Sessions will include the following: Regional Administrators' Roundtable,
Integration of Service Delivery for MSFWs in the One-Stop Career Center System, Improving Recruitment for Agricultural
Employers, Migrant Stream Workshops, Practical Tools for Serving Limited English Proficient Customers, Performance &
Reporting, Conducting MSFW Technical Assistance Visits, and Farmworker Protective Laws.
- Participants. All State Monitor Advocates should attend. Other workforce development system staff
interested in improving service delivery to MSFWs are also invited and encouraged to attend.
- Accomodations. The training will be held at the Hyatt Regency Orange County, 11999 Harbor Boulevard,
Garden Grove, California. The cost of the training and the conference will be $225. Additional information and a detailed
agenda will be e-mailed to all Monitor Advocates as soon as it becomes available. Additional information will also be
available shortly on the MAFO website: www.mafofarmworker.com.
- Inquiries. Inquiries should be directed to Erik Lang, National Monitor Advocate, (202) 693-2916 or
via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
EMPLOYMENT AND TRAINING ADMINISTRATION
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
Washington, DC 20210