U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
Employment and Training Administration
Washington, D. C. 20210
March 10, 1995
|DIRECTIVE||:||TRAINING AND EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION NOTICE NO. 23-94|
|TO||:||ALL STATE JTPA LIAISONS
ALL STATE WORKER ADJUSTMENT LIAISONS
|FROM||:||BARBARA ANN FARMER
for Regional Management
|SUBJECT||:||Technical Assistance Guide (TAG) for Job Training Partnership Act (JTPA) Financial Management|
Purpose. To announce the development and distribution of the JTPA Financial Management TAG. This TAG is one in a series of Technical Assistance and Training guides designed to help program administrators and practitioners achieve full implementation of the JTPA Amendments of 1992.
References. Training and Employment Information Notice (TEIN) No. 20-92, Job Training Partnership Act (JTPA) Amendments Implementation Training Strategy and TEIN No. 23-93, Job Training Partnership Act (JTPA) Financial Management Technical Assistance Guide (TAG) Train-the-Trainer Sessions.
Background. This JTPA Financial Management TAG was developed to provide operational guidance and "best practices" associated with the financial and administrative requirements of the JTPA Amendments of 1992 and related statutes. The ACT, as amended (Public Law 102-367), and the implementing Regulations, published as final Regulations and dated September 2, 1994, provide for the financial and administrative requirements applicable to the JTPA programs.
This TAG represents a collaboration of all levels of the JTPA system striving to promote common understanding and consistent application of the guiding financial management provisions of the Act and the Regulations. The TAG contains clarifications and suggested practices which are not required by the Act or the Regulations; however, there are no implied requirements for using these practices. In no way does this TAG replace or supplant the Act and the Regulations.
The JTPA Financial Management TAG is comprised of:
- Sixteen Chapters, covering a wide range of financial management and fiscal accountability subject areas where a need for clarifications and operational guidance has been identified by State JTPA, Service Delivery Area (SDA) and Substate Grantee (SSG) staff.
- Eight Appendices, providing definitions, illustrations and cost classification matrices.
- An Index, supplying a detailed listing of subjects discussed in the TAG and enabling the user quick and easy access to topics of choice.
Distribution. Copies of this TAG are being provided under separate cover to all State JTPA Liaisons for distribution to:
- Service Delivery Areas (SDAs) (4 copies each);
- State Worker Adjustment Liaisons (3 copies each);
- State JTPA Agency (balance of copies).
This TAG has been prepared in a three-hole punched, loose-leaf format suitable for use in a three-ring binder.
Computer disks are also being provided to the State JTPA Liaisons for distribution to each SDA and each State Worker Adjustment Liaison (one disk to each).
Inquiries. Questions may be directed to Isabel Danley in the National ETA Office of the Comptroller, Division of Fiscal Policy, on (202) 219-5767.
Separate Cover. The following items will be transmitted in two separate deliveries.
- JTPA Financial Management TAGs;
- Computer Disks of contents of the TAG.
NOTE: Item(s) not available to DMS